My specialty is working individually with college students, and adults. I provide individual therapy services primarily in English, but I do speak some Spanish and can help this way as necessary. I have helped many late teens, college students and adults to cope with a variety of problems, such as anxiety, stress, depression, grief, divorce, self-harming behaviors, relationship difficulties, and family challenges.
If problems are making your life complicated or difficult, please give me a call. We will set up an initial appointment to discuss your current concerns and for you to experience how I can support you. If it feels like a good fit, we will set up regular sessions, typically weekly, until the problem is no longer causing concerns.
- 21 years of experience providing individual therapy, adjunctive family sessions, and Mindfulness workshops
- Utilizing Narrative Therapy, Solution-Focused Ideas, and Mindfulness Techniques
- Providing Meditation and Mindfulness workshops to USG students and the greater community
- B.A.,1993, Spanish, Psychology/Communications Minors Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey, Mexico
- M.A.Ed., 1997, Counselor Education, VPI &SU
- Additional Coursework: Johns Hopkins University, Bowie State University, and Kaplan University
- Licensed Professional Counselor in Maryland
- Member, LCPCM - Licensed Clinical Professional Counselors of Maryland